The drill pipe is a steel pipe with a thread at the tai […]
The drill pipe is a steel pipe with a thread at the tail, which is used to connect the surface equipment of the drilling rig and the drilling and grinding equipment or bottom hole device at the bottom of the well. The purpose of the drill pipe is to transport the drilling mud to the drill bit and raise, lower or rotate the bottom hole device together with the drill bit. The drill pipe must be able to withstand huge internal and external pressure, distortion, bending and vibration.
Notes on the use of drill pipes:
1. Geology or borehole diameter exceeding the bearing capacity of the drill pipe will bring accident risk. In such conditions, it is recommended to use staged drilling.
2. The maximum linear velocity of the outer teeth of the bucket during operation shall not be greater than 0.8m/s.
3. The impact will cause damage to the drill pipe.
4. The center of the power head, the center of the drill rod, and the center of the hole are not concentric, and the drill rod bears cyclic bending moments for a long time.
5. The use of drill rods should be within the rated drilling distance of the drilling rig. According to the technical parameters of the drilling distance and the drilling rig model, select the matching drill rods.
6. During the use of the drill pipe, regular maintenance should be carried out. The maintenance cycle should be determined according to the use environment and air humidity, and regular anti-rust and oil coating and dust-proof treatments should be carried out.
Explanation of the precautions for the storage of drill pipes:
1. Prevent foreign matter from falling: The drill pipes stored on the construction site for a short time should be placed in a higher place and not buried in the muck. Do not enter the muck, muddy water and other debris at both ends of the drill pipe. Do not use drill pipe as a support to cut and weld other parts.
2. Anti-corrosion and anti-deformation: The drill pipes that have not been used for a long time should be stored in a dry and ventilated warehouse. They should not be in contact with acids, alkalis and other corrosive substances, and they should be protected from water erosion and fire. The outer pipe should be supported horizontally during storage. To prevent the deformation of the drill rod.